August 14, 2012

introducing penelope joy

So if you're wondering why I've been a bit MIA the last little bit, it's because my niece has finally arrived, and I've been spending tons of time with the little lady! She was born August 11th at 1:14am. She is so much fun already, and pretty much the cutest baby ever!


I was able to be there for my sister for a good part of her labour. She started having contractions at midnight on Friday, and ended up being in labour for 26 hours by the time Penelope came. I stayed with Melissa and my brother-in-law at the house before we all went to the hospital, and supported them until my mom came around 5pm. Then we just waited in a lounge until we got to go in and see Penny at 3:30am. It was a long day, and at times it was really tough to see my sister in so much pain, but I was glad that I could be there to offer some help. And once Penny came, we forgot a lot of the rough parts. 


My sister did a great job, and I'm so proud of her. I'm also already addicted to being an auntie. I've taken this week off work, and am spending most of my time hanging out with the little gal. We even had a good long cuddle session yesterday. I think it's safe to say that you will be seeing pictures of Penny appearing on here from time-to-time!

<3 Lo

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! Congratulations! I wish I could be an auntie! My sister will never be a mom, but I'm hoping I will be some day! Also, I gave you the Liebster Award, but if you don't want to participate, don't worry about it! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I honestly don't know if I could handle seeing my sister in pain like that, but I suppose that's what sisters do! :)

    ReplyDelete