June 6, 2012

a product of my generation

Being born in the 1980's means that no matter what you do, it's in your blood. The neon, the big hair, the peplum...it all comes back at some point. And no matter what, you can't get away from it. While I'm certainly not a neon person, there are definitely elements of the 80's that work their way into my wardrobe.

For instance, this top and these shoes. This top was originally an 80's dress, that I turned into a little blouse. I bring it out when I'm feeling nostalgic for my younger years. And these gold sandals I received recently from my dad have really grown on me. At first I couldn't see myself wearing them, and now I absolutely love them.

Do you ever get a bit of 80's inspiration? How do you mix it with modern styles?







Thrifted and re-worked top
Vintage sandals
Bag from Modcloth
American Apparel pants
Vintage pearl necklace 
Pendant necklace from Claire's

Hope you are having a good Wednesday!

xoxo Lo

10 comments:

  1. I would so wear that blouse. It's really pretty! You did a great job taking the 80's and turning it into something wearable. :) I would totally do the big hair from the 80's... and I do love neon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly more daring than I am then! ;)

      Delete
  2. This is a cute look--I love how the top turned out! :-) I might have been born in the eighties, but it's the nineties that always manage to sneak into my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's actually rare that the 80s come out in me...more 50s and 60s usually, but I think it's also fun to play with other eras as well!

      Delete
  3. I love to say that I am not an 80s fan (can't stand the music or the big hair) but I am obsessed with neon! It's kind of ridiculous how much it's taken over my wardrobe. Oops. At least I have a good excuse (I'm an 80s baby too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah I know! I would NEVER say that I like 80's fashion, and yet, there you have it... ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that bag! Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You look really really beautiful!
    love the bag :)
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute outfit! I love the bag

    ReplyDelete