March 1, 2011

homemade chicken fingers


Last night I decided to make my own chicken fingers, since this is a food that I have been deprived of for some time. I haven't eaten chicken fingers since pre-gluten-free, so when I found gluten-free bread crumbs, they were one of the first things I dreamed of making. A few people asked me to post the recipe, and to be honest, it isn't so much a recipe as an improvise. But here is what I did anyway!

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut into thick slices.
2 eggs
About 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
Garlic powder
Mustard powder
Salt and Pepper
Spices

These are pretty easy to make. Have two seperate bowls ready, one with the eggs (which have been quickly whisked), and the other containing your bread crumb mixture (I just started adding the spices, salt and pepper, and garlic and mustard powders, as I saw fit. I really didn't measure anything and just kind of threw it all together in a bowl). Take your chicken strips and dip them first in the eggs and then into the bread crumbs, making sure that they are well coated. Then simply place them on a baking sheet and put them into the oven at about 450 for about 15 - 20 minutes, until they are fully cooked and browned on the outside. This made enough for me to cover three meals.

And thats it! Really easy. I love recipes where I don't really need to measure anything and I can just play around with whatever ingredients I have. Give these homemade chicken fingers a try! I enjoyed them with french fries and mixed veggies. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment